Beef Pot Pie with Cauliflower Crust creates a crust to hold chicken breast, bacon, and vegetables in this lower-carb pot pie. Tender, lean steak cooked to perfection with veggies and a savory stock, then topped with a lightly roasted cauliflower crust.
Optavia Beef Pot Pie with Cauliflower Crust Recipe
Beef Pot Pie with Cauliflower Crust developed by The Culinary Institute of America is a hearty, low-carb dish and a great alternative to traditional pot pies that are laden with heavy creams, fatty meats, and rich puff pastry. Make this dish and invite some friends to enjoy the wholesome goodness of Lean & Green.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- With a kitchen towel, squeeze the cauliflower to remove any excess moisture. Mix together the squeezed cauliflower with the eggs and salt; set aside.
- Cut the steak into bite-sized pieces and season with a half teaspoon of salt. Place into an oven-proof casserole dish and add the beef stock and cream cheese (no need to stir as the cream cheese will melt as it cooks in the oven).
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place into the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the aluminum foil and stir in the cut mushrooms and sliced okra.
- Return the casserole dish into the oven for another 30 minutes without the aluminum foil.
- Remove casserole from the oven and increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Spread the cauliflower mix over the beef stew to make a crust and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Serving Size 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 300
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 14g22%
- Total Carbohydrate 10g4%
- Protein 33g66%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.