Optavia Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Recipes
Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
Bruschetta is an Italian dish. It is an antipasto made of grilling bread, rubbed with garlic, and topped with olive oil and salt. Tomatoes and other toppings are often added like this simple tomato mixture that is served over grilled chicken
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan.
- Spray tomatoes with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill tomatoes on all sides until slightly charred. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Roughly chop or slice tomatoes in quarters. Add garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, and oil.
- Set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Spray chicken on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Grill chicken breasts on both sides for about 4 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F. Once cooked, remove and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes.
- For 1 portion, plate 6 ounces cooked chicken breast with a quarter of the tomatoes and about one tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar mixture from the bruschetta.
- Alternatively, you can prepare this recipe in the oven. Preheat oven to 500⁰F. Place lightly sprayed tomatoes on a sheet pan, and cook about 2 to 3 minutes until charred. Lower oven to 375⁰F, and place lightly sprayed chicken on a sheet pan. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 380
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 11g17%
- Total Carbohydrate 20g7%
- Protein 49g98%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.