Caprese chicken skillet is topped with a honey balsamic reduction and fresh basil, the perfect way to use fresh summer tomatoes, With store-bought pesto, cherry tomatoes, leafy basil, and thick-sliced fresh mozzarella, you can make this chicken Caprese, skillet dinner in under 30 minutes.
Optavia Caprese Chicken Recipe
The Caprese Chicken recipe combines boneless chicken breasts for a quick-to-make dinner perfect for weeknights. Thin-cut boneless chicken breasts are seared on the stove then topped with pesto, sliced sweet tomato, and fresh mozzarella cheese then go into the oven to finish cooking and melt into a creamy wonder.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and stir for one minute. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tomatoes have softened. Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil.
- Grill or sauté chicken breasts over medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side until fully cooked. Transfer to a baking sheet. Top each chicken breast with a ½ cup of tomato mixture and a ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, as if it were a pizza. Broil for 2 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Steam or cook broccoli, asparagus, zucchini “noodles”, or another veggie of your choice to serve as a side with the Caprese chicken.
- Each serving gets one tomato and cheese-topped chicken breast with one cup of steamed vegetables.
Serving Size 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 360
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 15g24%
- Total Carbohydrate 15g5%
- Protein 47g94%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.