Optavia Red Grouper Steamboat Recipe
Red Grouper Steamboat is the go-to meal for any family gatherings, also a classic dish during Chinese New Year like the Chinese Pomfret. Salmon is one of the most economical seafood choices due to its constant demand over the years.
Vegetables and protein:
Garnishing – optional
- Add fish bouillon, water, and ginger to a large pot (a steamboat pot or hotpot if you have one!). Bring it to a boil for 15 minutes.
- Filter the soup through a fine strainer or sieve, and then pour it back into the large pot.
- Prepare the vegetables and protein (fish and tofu) needed for the steamboat.
- Check and remove bones and fish scales, if any. Slice fish diagonally to uniform thickness.
- Place the vegetables (including dried seaweed) and protein onto a large plate or bowl.
- Bring the soup in the large pot to a boil before adding the vegetables and protein.
- You may add the cabbage and squash first. Simmer for 10 minutes until softened to your liking.
- Add the remaining vegetables and protein and simmer until fish is opaque and vegetables are tender. Make sure everything is fully cooked before consumption.
Make the soup base:
Prepare fish, tofu, and vegetables:
Make the Steamboat:
- Ladle an equal amount of the hot soup with vegetables and protein into 4 serving bowls and garnish with cilantro and chili paid.
- Enjoy the steamboat and spend some quality time with your loved ones!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 320
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10g16%
- Total Carbohydrate 17g6%
- Protein 39g78%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.