Spaghetti Squash Taco Nests are tasty, low carb, gluten-free, noodle nests with taco meat filling and all the awesome toppings. Roasted cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, spaghetti squash, and fresh chopped basil make this dish a delicious refreshing meal! The muffin cups make this a fun twist on Caprese.
Optavia Spaghetti Squash Nests Taco Recipe
Cutting spaghetti squash into horizontal rings instead of in half lengthwise not only cuts down on cooking time but also makes for a fun presentation.
Spaghetti Squash Nests:
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Bake spaghetti squash halves with the cut side down on a sheet pan at 400⁰F for 30 minutes, until the flesh of the squash, can be shredded with a fork.
- Remove the squash from the oven, allow it to cool, and shred the flesh with a fork into a bowl. Measure out 4 cups, saving any leftovers for another meal.
- Combine the spaghetti squash with the salt, parmesan, and eggs; mix well.
- Fill 12 indentations of a silicone muffin pan or a muffin pan lined with parchment baking cups with the spaghetti squash mixture, leaving a well in the center of each for the filling.
- Bake the spaghetti squash nests at 400⁰F for 12 minutes until they begin to brown.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the diced pepper in oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, taco seasoning, and lime juice; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cilantro, and fill each nest with an equal amount of the turkey mixture.
- Top with cheese, and bake at 425⁰F for 8 minutes.
Spaghetti Squash Nest Directions:
Serving Size 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 360
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 16g25%
- Saturated Fat 3g15%
- Cholesterol 134mg45%
- Sodium 462mg20%
- Total Carbohydrate 21g8%
- Dietary Fiber 4g16%
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 11g22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.