Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests are tasty, low carb, gluten-free, noodle nests with pizza inside. Sometimes you want pizza and spaghetti. But you don’t want all those carbs. These low carb, gluten-free Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests are made with low carb spaghetti squash and filled with pizza toppings.
Optavia Spaghetti Squash Nests Pizza Recipe
Spaghetti squash is cooked and the strands loosened into their spaghetti-like shape. Tasty pizza toppings are then added and it all gets baked in the oven.
Spaghetti Squash Nests:
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Bake spaghetti squash halves with the cut side down on a sheet pan at 400⁰F for 30 minutes, until the flesh of the squash, can be shredded with a fork.
- Remove the squash from the oven, allow it to cool, and shred the flesh with a fork into a bowl. Measure out 4 cups, saving any leftovers for another meal.
- Combine the spaghetti squash with the salt, parmesan, and eggs; mix well.
- Fill 12 indentations of a silicone muffin pan or a muffin pan lined with parchment baking cups with the spaghetti squash mixture, leaving a well in the center of each for the filling.
- Bake the spaghetti squash nests at 400⁰F for 12 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Toss the tomatoes with salt, basil, and oregano, and fill each nest with an equal amount of the mixture.
- Sprinkle each nest with cheese, and bake at 400⁰F for about 8 minutes.
Spaghetti Squash Nest Directions:
Serving Size 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 360
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 2g4%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Sodium 177mg8%
- Total Carbohydrate 2g1%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.