Want to enjoy the taste of Shawarma during Optavia program? There you go with an authentic recipe of shawarma that will also help you maintain your optavia plan.
Tofu Shawarma is so flavorful. Tofu can surely be bland often, however, this tofu is wonderful. Lemony, vibrant, and so dang tasty. Shwarma originated in the Ottoman empire and remains to be very consistently fashionable street food, particularly in Egypt. It’s primarily thinly sliced meat that has been stacked in a cone form and cooked on a vertical rotating spit.
Tofu Shawarma, is a traditional mix of spit-roasted meats served in a pita, so you’ll love this meatless spin on a classic Levantine dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 400⁰F.
- Line sheet pan with parchment or foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, and pepper to make shawarma seasoning.
- Pat dry tofu and slice into ¼-inch thick planks. Cut each plank into thirds and then place it on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with shawarma seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, and then gently turn the tofu over with a spatula; continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make tzatziki. Drain and squeeze excess moisture from the cucumber.
- Combine with yogurt and garlic; mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For one portion, make wraps using 9 oz. of tofu with 5 lettuce leaves, ½ cup tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons of tzatziki.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 290
Optavia Tofu Shawarma recipe is very easy to cook and super delicious. this recipe serves the real taste of shawarma and it also helps you to lose weight.